Glass Vase into High-End Mirrored Decor
بواسطة DIY Arabia بتاريخ Oct 26, 2020
You don’t have to spend a fortune on high-end décor. Thanks to Mirror Effect, you can make gorgeous decorations like this mirrored glass vase for a fraction of the price you’d pay at a home store. Here’s how to do it.
- PREPARE: Always work in a well-ventilated area and use a drop cloth to protect from overspray. Clean the inside and outside of the vase with glass cleaner and a lint-free cloth.
- PAINT: Before you begin painting, check out the video on applying mirror effect (also below) to get a better idea of the application process. Mask off the entire outside of the glass vase with painter’s tape and masking paper. Only the inside glass should be exposed. Next, shake your can of mirror effect spray paint for one minute after the mixing ball starts to rattle. Hold the can 10-12” from the inside of the vase and apply up to five thin and light coats, using a steady motion while spraying. Allow one minute in between each coat. The mirror effect will show up on the outside of the glass and intensify as the paint dries. Let the paint dry for ten minutes.
- PROTECT: To protect the inside of your vase from scratches, apply a protective coat of 2x matte clear spray. To do this, first shake your can for one minute. Then, hold the can 10-16” away from the vase, and spray the inside using the same technique you used to apply the Mirror Effect. Apply two light coats a few minutes apart.
- DECORATE: Next, remove the painter’s tape and masking paper from the vase. Apply a thin layer of extra-strength glue to the top of the vase, and begin wrapping your twine, securing it to the glue as you go. Once you’ve achieved your desired look, cut the twine and glue the end down. Set the vase aside to dry completely for 24 hours.
- FINISH: Once your vase is completely dry, fill it with fresh flowers or branches. To get this look, we used cherry blossom branches.
TOOLS & SUPPLIES:
- glass vase
- mirror effect product
- 2x clear matte spray