Brighten an Old Desk
by DIY Arabia on Oct 26, 2020
Put a little love into an old desk and find accomplishment in your actions. Spray paint isn't just paint. It's redemption. It leads to renewal and a love for creating something new.
- First, make sure your new-to-you desk is clean and dry.
- Next, use some sandpaper to carefully remove any loose paint or stain, or lightly sand it if the surface is glossy.
- Don't forget to use a drop cloth to protect your work area and gloves to protect your hands.
- Then, shake the can of 2X Ultra Cover Satin Seaside for 1 minute after you hear the mixing ball begin to rattle.
- Time to paint! Using steady, back-and-forth motions, spray 2-3 light coats of paint onto the desk holding the can approximately 10" from the surface and letting each coat dry for a few minutes in between.
- Lastly, once you've applied the final coat of spray paint, let the entire desk dry for about 1 hour before handling. All paint will be fully dry in 24 hours.